Saturday, May 22, 2010

May Playlist

I think I'll start making one of these every month or so, sharing with you the songs that I can't stop playing on repeat.

1. Congratulations by MGMT - There's something about Andrew VanWyngarden's voice that is just so special and makes me love listening to. If you're wondering the story behind my blog name, I was listening to this song while signing up.

2. Daydream by Beach Fossils - Such a wonderful song! It has the most perfect bass line and the vocal effects are pretty interesting, too.

3. Day Glo by Brazos - This is a great upbeat song. It will make anyone smile. There's this one part towards the end where the music dies down, and you think the song's over, but then it starts up again flawlessly.

4. Young Adult Friction by The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Listening to this song makes me think of those times when you're just hanging out with your friends, having fun, and not having a care in the world. I would love to compose a video of such moments and play it to this song.

5. The Whipgrass by Justin Vernon - It's not only this song that I love, but Justin Vernon himself. He has the greatest voice and the greatest lyrics, and this is just one example of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment