Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Some pretty little things...

I couldn't think of a blog post for today, so I decided I would show you guys some things that have made me smile lately.


Last weekend I went to Target and literally stopped in my tracks when I saw this beauty. The slogan was meant to be used for British propaganda during World War II, but for some reason they never used. In 2000 it was re-discovered in a book shop in England, and has been seen hanging on walls ever since. It was also available in red, green, and yellow. I really wanted the green one, but I didn't have enough money with me at the time, so when I went back yesterday, all they had was this and the yellow one. But this one is just as great.


Lately it has been so hot at night! My mom doesn't use the air conditioner at night, and I don't have a fan, so sleeping on my micro-fleece-extra-warm bed sheets has been nearly impossible. That's why I was thrilled when I found these babies! The pattern is what drew me in, but the material is what made me buy them. They kind of feel like plastic, but really soft plastic. Hmm, that sounds pretty bad. Basically they are super soft without being too warm, nothing like jersey sheets. They keep me cool at night and I've been getting better sleep. I really like that they look like they could belong in my grandmother's guest room.


And last but not least, an apple tree! It's right outside my bedroom window, and this is the first time in years that it has bloomed apples! The last time it did, squirrels stole all of them. But this year there are bunches of them, and I think they might be Granny Smith apples. I'll be kind of hesitant to try them, though, once they're ready. I've never picked anything off a tree and ate it before. What if theres worms in them? I doubt it. I guess they're the same as the ones you buy from the stores, right? At least these apples are organic...

2 comments:

  1. I have a keep calm print like that one in gray. I purchased it on etsy a while back, and it decorates my refrigerator along with math number magnets. I'm cooler than I sound... honest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I was just letting you know that I'm tagging you in my "Looks I Love" Sunday post! Hope it's okay :]

    ReplyDelete